Farm Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Farm Insurance Information
Cala Carter, President and founder of CCIS Insurance Group has been writing
farm insurance for 30 years and is considered an expert. She also is an expert in
insurance coverage for your buildings. Please give her a call and she will be glad to help.
If Cala is not available, ask for Sarah Hancock.
Farm Insurance in California
It’s Your Livelihood. Make Sure It’s Protected
Whether you’re a local grower or a large cultivator, we understand the value of insuring your greatest asset. At CCIS Insurance Group, we’re dedicated to providing the agricultural coverage and services you need to keep your farm or ranch protected – so you can focus on maintaining a smooth operation.
Farmers face many of the same risks as other businesses. If your farm machinery breaks down, your property is damaged or somebody is injured on your property, costly lawsuits and lost profits could cause financial hardship. Farm insurance can help protect you from these losses.
Contact CCIS Insurance Group in Fresno, California, to start proactively protecting your farm today.
What Is Farm Insurance?
The term farm insurance doesn’t usually refer to a single policy. Rather, farm and ranch insurance can be used to describe a combination of broad coverages that can be combined to protect your farm and your family from costly losses. Farm insurance can function similarly to a homeowners insurance policy in that it can provide personal liability coverage and help pay for property damage to your home and belongings. Unlike homeowners insurance; however, farm insurance can also be used to protect fences, animals and other crops.
What Does Farm Insurance Cover?
Understanding the risks your farm faces is critical when determining which coverage options you could benefit from. Here are some insurance policies which can generally be included with farm insurance:
- Farm equipment insurance can help pay for damage to certain farm machinery (e.g., tractors, trailers, combines) caused by covered risks.
- Crop insurance can help reimburse you for losses stemming from crops that are damaged by natural disasters.
- Workers’ compensation insurance can help cover expenses (e.g., medical bills, lost wages) if an employee is injured or becomes ill because of their work on your farm.
- Livestock insurance can help pay for unexpected events and accidents affecting your livestock. These policies can often be customized to meet the needs of your farm (e.g., mortality insurance, herd insurance).
- Product liability can help pay for lawsuits alleging that your products caused third-party injury or illness. It is specifically designed for lawsuits arising from your processed products.
- General liability insurance can help cover costs arising from claims that your operations led to third-party property damage, bodily injury, advertising injury or reputational harm.
- Pollution liability can help cover costs if pollutants on your property or in transit cause third-party injury or illness.
Your insurance needs will vary based on the size, scale and operations of your farm. Whether you own horses, run a hobby farm or have a much larger agricultural operation will affect the coverage you need. Ask your insurance agent if you could benefit from additional coverages.
Who Should Get Farm Insurance?
The following instances could indicate that you have a need for farm insurance:
- You rely on your livestock to provide income.
- You have employees.
- You have other farm structures on your property (e.g., stable, barn).
How Do I Buy Farm Insurance?
Whether you own horses, run a hobby farm or have a much larger agricultural operation you could benefit from farm insurance. We’re here to help you get the financial protection you deserve. Contact CCIS Insurance Group to learn more about our farm insurance coverage options and to speak to an insurance agent.
We provide insurance solutions for farmers near Fresno, Madera, Sanger, Visalia, Bakersfield, and Kerman.